SIGN MY MAILING LIST AND RECIEVE A FREE SONG FROM MY NEW ALBUM "RE-EVOLUTION''

Monday, May 30, 2011

Call and Response - Nyraine


1. MSG: When did u fall in love with hiphop?

NY: I fell in Love with Hip-Hop in the 1st grade. On the first day of school at Lunch time there was a big crowd around the table, I couldn't help but to see what was going on. I saw the older kids rhyming and beating on the table, everybody was smiling & laughing at the punch lines. Kids that didn't even get along with each other was like best friends just for that very moment and that's when I felt the true power of Hip-Hop & I immediately fell in Love!~

2. MSG: What's ur favorite song of your catalog?
  • NY: I hate to have to pick a favorite because I have a special relationship with all songs that I compose :):) (But) Born Universal Truth if I have to pick one I would say "Ny's Joy" which is a tribute song to my Mother, who is my "Old Earth". For many reasons, mainly because of the way it makes people feel when they hear it.Unintentionally at least 80% of the people men & women start to cry when they hear that song. Which I think is amazing and I never expected that song to touch people & make a impact like that. That's my favorite excuse to continue a career in Poetry/Hip-Hop & R&B.

    3. MSG: Name ur most infuential artist or group
    NY: Stevie Wonder is my Favorite Artist. He always spoke about Love which I think when uncondition, its a reflection of Heaven. There's a lot of grace in his artistry & I was super blessed for being given the oppurtunity to sing back up and perform in front of millions of people all over the world along side him at the 1995 billboard awards.

    4. MSG: If u could start ya career over,would u?
    NY: No.. I wouldn't change a thing.

    5.MSG: Where do u see Hiphop in 5/10 years?
    NY: More Poetic :):) I see lyrical content being vauled a lot more and I plan on being responsible for most of that.

    6. MSG: What's next on the menu for u ?
    NY: Underground Rail Road Tour this June 2011. I have up and coming projects titled "Style of a Street Poet" & "Street Astrology" so be on the look out 4 that. Finally, the 36 Chambers School of Emceeing Competition www.Wu-World.com

    7. MSG: Independant or major,which do u favor?
    NY: It completely depends. It takes the perfect combanation of talent, money & connections to shine at a extremely recognizable level sometimes it can be done independantly and sometimes it takes a major everybody is different and what works for one person might not work for you. I do a little of both.
      Link up with Nyraine below! Shout to Wu Tang Management 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment